This committee is concerned with Advanced Technology. The goal is stated as new climate-appropriate HVAC technologies (equipment and controls, including system diagnostics) are developed with accelerated marketplace penetration.
There are five strategies associated with this goal:
- 4-1 Pursue regional climate optimization equipment standards through DOE rulemaking process.
- 4-2 Update “Total Avoided Cost Model” and Title 24 “Time Dependent Valuation” calculations, including use of peak energy value.
- 4-3 Accelerate market penetration of advanced technologies by HVAC industry promotions and updating/expanding current utility programs to include the new technologies as appropriate.
- 4-4 Adopt a progressive set of building codes that support the deployment of peak efficient equipment.
- 4-5 Develop nationwide standards and/or guidelines for onboard diagnostic functionality and specifications for designated sensor mount locations.